Improve Your Smile with Teeth Straightening Treatment
If you're interested in improving the appearance of crooked, uneven teeth, teeth straightening treatment may be right for you. Cosmetic dentistry treatments can correct the appearance of crooked teeth and improve the overall aesthetics of the smile. To find out which teeth straightening treatment is right for you, schedule a consultation with our Staten Island, NY dentists, Drs. Alex and Jason Hecht.
Teeth Straightening Treatments
Each patient has unique needs when it comes to teeth straightening treatment. Some may only have mild alignment issues while others may have severely crooked teeth. Fortunately, there are a variety of options to address the needs of each patient, including:
- Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers: Mild alignment issues and other cosmetic dental flaws can be addressed with instant orthodontics treatment using porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are custom-made tooth-shaped shells that fit over the front surface of the teeth to mask flaws and improve overall appearance. Porcelain veneers can be used to address the appearance of crooked teeth in as little as two dental visits, hence the name “instant orthodontics.”
- Invisalign® treatment: Mild to moderately crooked teeth can be discreetly straightened with Invisalign® orthodontics treatment. Invisalign® gently repositions the teeth using a series of clear trays. Although these trays must be worn throughout the day and while sleeping, they can be removed while eating, brushing, and flossing, making them a great option for teens and adults.
- Traditional orthodontics: Traditional orthodontics can correct mild to severe alignment issues, making them suitable for patients with major misalignment. Traditional orthodontics gradually realign the teeth using a bracket and wire system. Although this process can take over 18 months to complete, traditional orthodontics are highly effective.
The Benefits of Teeth Straightening Treatment
The beauty of straight, evenly aligned teeth is undeniable. It almost goes without saying that teeth straightening treatments offer many benefits, but there are some you may not expect, like improved oral health. Here are just some of the many benefits teeth straightening treatment has to offer:
- Improved confidence: Patients that have always felt self-conscious about their crooked teeth can find renewed confidence in having beautifully straight teeth.
- Improved aesthetics: Teeth straightening treatments improve the aesthetics of the teeth by creating a straight, even appearance. Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers can even mask other imperfections, like tooth discoloration, to improve overall aesthetics.
- Improved oral health: When crooked teeth overlap, it can make it difficult to properly clean the teeth. Teeth straightening treatments eliminate this overlap, making it easier to floss and brush the teeth and helping to improve oral health.
- Improved dental function: Crooked, improperly aligned teeth can lead to difficulty when biting or chewing. Correcting misaligned teeth improves dental function.
- Reduced jaw pain: Those who experience jaw pain as a result of misalignment may experience relief because teeth straightening treatments can properly align the teeth and reduce strain on the jaw.
Schedule a Consultation
For more information about teeth straightening treatments, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with our doctors at Staten Island Aesthetic and Implant Dentistry.