Do you have multiple aesthetic concerns regarding your smile? At our Staten Island, NY, practice, our doctors can design a smile makeover which is personalized to achieve your unique cosmetic goals. Combining two or more cosmetic procedures, this treatment plan can address multiple aesthetic concerns for beautiful, comprehensive results. Dr. Alex Hecht has years of experience performing complex smile makeovers and is well-equipped to provide the quality of care you deserve. He works alongside his son, Dr. Jason Hecht, to provide streamlined and convenient care in one location.
What Can a Smile Makeover Address?
Each patient we see has his or her own set of unique goals in mind. Therefore, no two smile makeovers will be the same. Each treatment plan is catered to the needs of the individual, providing optimal, natural-looking results.
A smile makeover can address several different aesthetic issues, including:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discoloration and staining
- Misshapen or disproportionate teeth
- Enamel erosion
- Spaces or gaps between the teeth
- Crooked teeth
- An uneven gum line
- A “gummy” smile
Each treatment plan is catered to the needs of the individual, providing optimal, natural-looking results.
Your Treatment Planning Process
During your consultation at our practice, Dr. Hecht will sit down with you to discuss your personal cosmetic goals. By listening closely to your concerns, he can design a personalized treatment plan to address your specific dental issues. Because our doctors have extensive knowledge in comprehensive smile makeovers, we can determine the most effective and conservative methods to achieve your desired outcome. We can also discuss available financing options during your initial visit.
Commonly Combined Treatments
A smile makeover can include virtually any cosmetic dentistry procedure. Some of the most common treatments performed at our practice include:
- Porcelain veneers: Used to conceal chips, cracks, discoloration, and more, porcelain veneers are custom-designed and securely bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth. These wafer-thin restorations can give your smile a more uniform and symmetrical appearance.
- Teeth whitening: Over time, the teeth can become yellowed or discolored due to staining agents in coffee, berries, red wine, and more. Professional teeth whitening can dramatically brighten your smile in one dental visit.
- Invisalign®: Patients who want to straighten their teeth without noticeable metal brackets and wires can opt for orthodontic treatment with Invisalign. This system uses a series of removable, custom-made aligner trays to gently move your teeth.
- Dental bonding: Often recommended for the correction of minor cosmetic flaws, dental bonding involves applying tooth-colored composite resin to the teeth to camouflage imperfections.
- Laser gum contouring: When you smile, do you see more gum tissue than you would like? Perhaps the gum line is too low or uneven. These conditions can be addressed with laser gum contouring, which gently and safely removes excess tissue and reshapes the gum line.
Some patients may also require preliminary treatment for gum disease, decay, or missing or severely damaged teeth.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
A comprehensive smile makeover offers several benefits over stand-alone cosmetic procedures. Your doctor will consider your oral health and ultimate goals to determine which treatments should be performed first for optimal results. For example, if you want to whiten your smile but you are also considering porcelain veneers, the whitening should be completed first so that your new restorations can be matched to your brightened teeth. Additionally, a greater number of procedures can be completed during a single office visit when you chose this comprehensive treatment.
Contact Our Practice for More Information
If you would like to learn more about a smile makeover procedure, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, reach out to a member of our team. You can call our office at (718) 705-4434 or contact us online anytime.