Costs and Ways to Pay for your New Teeth
Dr. Hecht's unique Method™ of Dentistry means that for almost every patient there is still hope and several options to choose from. After you choose one of Dr. Hecht's exclusive options to permanently solve your problems, you’ll feel great about yourself having regained the normal chewing, long-lasting beauty, and comfort that you deserve.
Dentistry that works well and lasts IS expensive; just like everything else in life these days. We wish it wasn’t true but it simply is. The good news is that you will have a hard time naming another investment you can make in yourself that provides the dividends of a pleasing smile and comfortable chewing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prospective patients often ask, “What’s a ball park on cost?” Attempting to give you an exact range of costs for your specific situation over the phone is impossible since your problems and needs are unique just to you. We could have a “one size fits all fee”, but some patients would greatly underpay and others would greatly overpay. Hardly anyone would think that was fair! Dr. Hecht devised a complete dental physical examination just for the purpose to eliminate guessing so you can get your “one of a kind” options with complete costs and length of time for your treatment.
IF YOU HAVE NO TEETH, ARE WEARING DENTURES, OR ALL YOUR NATURAL TEETH ARE “SHOT:” New teeth can be attached to implants and are either non-removable or removable from the implants. Removable is less complex and thus less costly. Non-removable are the best option and are more costly because of complexity. The lowest cost dental implant options start at $7500-$10,000 per jaw IF you already have a perfect denture and perfect bone structure under the denture (a VERY rare occurrence). For the newest technologies such as "Teeth in an Hour" and “Teeth in a Day”, treatment averages $25,000-35,000 per jaw. In the most extreme cases, where patients waited a very-very long time to seek a solution, care can surpass $50,000 PER jaw (also a rare occurrence).
IF YOU ARE MISSING ONE OR TWO TEETH:
For single teeth, a dental implant can range in cost from $4000-$15,000 depending on whether it is “easy” or a highly complicated front of the mouth tooth which is very difficult to conceal and make appear natural to others. In addition, cost depends on whether you select “teeth in an hour” technology.
IF YOUR NATURAL TEETH ARE WORN DOWN AND “TIRED” FROM THE AGING PROCESS AND/OR YOU ARE MISSING SOME OR MANY OF YOUR NATURAL TEETH.
You probably need a reconstruction using implants and crowns/veneers on your natural teeth. What’s a reconstruction you ask? Think of it as a remodel for your mouth and just like remodeling a hundred year old house, reconstructions are complicated scenarios; all the more reason you need one of a kind answers like Dr. Hecht offers. Reconstructions range from $25,000-$50,000 per jaw.
SLEEP DENTISTRY FOR THE FEARFUL
The cost for sleep dentistry (where you “sleep” through the visit) if no dental implants are involved, starts at $4,000-$5,000 and goes up based on how serious your problems and your specific wants for your situation.
Because Dr. Hecht’s time is very limited (he devotes ½ of his time to teaching other doctors how to be better at the very same type of dentistry you are pursuing!), membership in his practice is limited and by application only. Your next step is to apply to become a member and have a complete dental physical examination so you are no longer guessing about what your care will cost. The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll be on your way to comfortable chewing and a smile you’ll be proud of.
About medical and dental insurance: Even though the latest dental technologies are considered medically necessary and are scientifically proven, dental plan coverage to rescue the worst dental disaster patient hardly touches what is needed to get you back to the healthy life of eating and self-confidence you deserve. The objective of the insurance company is to give you the cheapest possible care. This seldom provides for anything beyond basic generic emergency based treatment which is not what Dr. Hecht Method TM Dentistry is all about.
Here are some ways that our other patients managed their costs and got their care done:
- Using cash (5%), credit (2.9%) and senior (5%) discounts for payment in full to reduce cost.
- Based on prior credit approval, in-office financing terms of 3 months (interest free)
- Interest Free Dental financing. We have several companies than can finance up to $50,000 for care and in some cases even more based on your credit history.
- MasterCard or Visa time payments.
- Budgeting for your care over 2 years to make it more affordable.
- We also offer a “cruise plan.” You pre-pay every two weeks until you build up a balance to start.
- Home equity loans; we can recommend several mortgage brokers to set this up.
- Loans from 401K/Pension plans (you pay yourself the interest); we can help start this process with your employer.
- Loans from life insurance/annuity policies; our accountant’s office can help with this.
- Settling a Universal Life Policy that you or a family member no longer needs. We can refer you to someone who specializes in this transaction. (www.insur.com)
- Refinancing an automobile or other asset; we can direct you to several sources for this.
- Medical Savings account through an employer’s cafeteria plan; we can talk to your employer.
- Gifts or Loans from friends or family members.
- Dental Insurance usually pays a maximum yearly benefit of $1,000-2,000 for your care.
- EXTERNAL Lines of Interest Free Dental Credit are available *subject to approval
- Medical Insurance rarely covers anything related to the mouth (Dr. Hecht has only seen this one time!) In the highly unlikely event that your company administers its own plan (self-insured employers), your company administrator might allow implant care; your company would know the specifics.
Dr. Hecht MethodTM Dentistry is tax deductible for most patients. Even if you finance your care, you can deduct the full amount in the year that you start treatment. In fact, Uncle Sam’s tax laws are in your favor to do your dental work as it is a legitimate medical deduction. Your tax adviser can help with this.
Dr. Hecht also provides you things you won't get anywhere else. To name just a few: Dr. Hecht is the only Staten Island dentist that can give you “Teeth in an Day/Hour” with dental implants, that uses his exclusive & proprietary Methods of Implant & Sedation Dentistry to keep your total number of visits to an absolute minimum and that can take care of every dental problem you have in one single office location. He also provides you with a unique dental warranty that you won't get anywhere else.
Dr. Hecht and his team look forward to working with you to give you back the health, chewing, and comfort that you deserve with Dr. Hecht MethodTM Implant, Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry.